GREEN PEA TIKKI CHAAT
Flavourful green pea tikkis served with sweet chutney, green chutney and fried spinach leaves
1 cup frozen green peas
Oil to deep fry
¼ cup chopped onion
1 tsp chopped green chillies
½ cup boiled and mashed potatoes
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsps gram flour (besan)
Salt to taste
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
Beaten yogurt, as required
Sweet date and tamarind chutney, as required
Green chutney, as required
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
A few spinach leaves
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
2. Coarsely crush green peas in a chopper and put into a bowl. Add onion, green chillies, potatoes, turmeric power, garam masala powder, gram flour, salt and ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round tikkis. Flatten them slightly and gently slide them into hot oil and deep fry till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. For each portion crush 2 tikkis slightly and place on a serving plate.
5. Drizzle some yogurt, sweet date and tamarind chutney and green chutney. Sprinkle a little red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder.
6. Deep-fry spinach leaves till crisp and drain on absorbent paper. Keep 2-3 leaves on each plate and serve immediately.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor