2 cups cooked split pigeon peas (toor dal)
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
10-12 curry leaves
10-12 garlic cloves crushed
2 medium tomatoes chopped
Salt to taste
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp kala masala
2 tsps kanda-lasoon masala
3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnish
2 tbsps scraped fresh coconut
Steamed rice to serve
1. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and sauté for a few seconds. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and mix well.
2. Add garlic and sauté till brown. Add tomatoes and mix well. Add salt mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add red chilli powder turmeric powder kala masala and kanda-lasoon masala and mix well.
4. Add cooked toor dal and mix well. Add 1 cup water mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add coriander leaves and coconut and mix well. Switch the heat off.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices click here : https://www.klovechef.ai/signup
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor