Popular staple especially in Maharashtra the Jowar bhakri is gluten-free and rich in nutrients making it a healthy alternative to wheat-based bread. Its distinctive taste and texture add a unique element to the meal making it a favorite among those who appreciate regional Indian cuisine. Pair it with spicy thecha for an enhanced flavour.
JOWAR CHI BHAKRI
1 cup jowar flour
½ tablespoon oil
Onion quarters for serving
Lemon quarters for serving
1. Add jowar atta to a parat along with water. Knead to a soft dough. Add oil and knead again.
2. Cover with a muslin cloth and set aside.
3. Divide the dough in equal portions dust flour on worktop. Roll into discs using palms.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa and place the prepared bhakri on it. Sprinkle some water spread around with fingers. Heat for 2 minutes and flip.
5. Flip it over directly on flame allow it to rise a little. Set aside.
6. Serve with onion and lemon quarters.
HIRVI MIRCHI CHA THECHA
7-8 green chillies slit
1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
1. Put chillies peanuts garlic sugar and salt in a mortar and coarsely crush with pestle.
2. Use as required.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Get Certified on Sanjeev Kapoor Academy : https://www.sanjeevkapooracademy.com/
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices click here : https://www.klovechef.ai/signup
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/sanjeevkapoor
#SanjeevKapoor #jowarbhakri #jwarichibhakri #bhakar #jowar #thecha #bhakari #jowarroti #ukadichibhakri #MilletKhazana #MilletToMeals #CelebrityChef #India #MilletRecipes #Millets #MilletMovement