It’s a family tradition to make Sarson ka Saag and Makai ki Roti at home in winters. A perfect recipe comes out best with fresh ingredients made by Mrs Alyona Kapoor. To get the country-side feel of having saag and roti have white butter and a small piece of jaggery too.
SARSON KA SAAG AND MAKKI KI ROTI
2 medium bunches of mustard leaves (sarson) roughly chopped
1 medium bunch of spinach leaves roughly chopped
½ medium bunch of bathua leaves roughly chopped
1 medium turnip peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium carrot peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1½ tbsps finely chopped garlic
2-3 green chillies finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp cornmeal (makai ka atta)
2 cups cornmeal (makai ka atta) + for dusting
¼ cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Ghee for applying
2 tbsps ghee
¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
1 medium onion finely chopped
½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
½ tsp red chilli powder
White butter as required
Chopped jaggery as required
Onion wedges as required
Green chillies as required
1. Heat a pressure cooker. Add mustard leaves spinach leaves bathua leaves turnip carrot ginger garlic green chillies salt and 1 cup water and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 1 whistle. Reduce the heat to low and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile to make the dough take cornmeal whole wheat flour coriander leaves salt and 1 cup warm water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Take the cooker off the heat and allow the pressure to reduce completely.
4. Dust the worktop with some cornmeal take a small portion of the dough and shape it into a ball. Press it and place it on the worktop press it and spread it with your fingers and shape it into a disc. Dust off the excess flour.
5. Heat a non-stick tawa. Place the disc on it and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Apply some ghee and cook for a few seconds on both sides.
6. Open the cooker and mash it well with the help of a wooden churner. Add cornmeal and mix well. Switch the heat on and continue to mash and cook for 1-2 minutes. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes.
7. Blend the mixture using an electric hand blender and blend till smooth.
8. To make the tempering heat ghee in a deep pan. Add onion and mix well. Cook till translucent. Add ginger and garlic and mix well. Add red chilli powder mix and cook for 1 minute.
9. Add the cooked mixture and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with white butter makki di roti chopped jaggery onion wedges and green chillies.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Get Certified on Sanjeev Kapoor Academy : https://www.sanjeevkapooracademy.com/
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices click here : https://www.klovechef.ai/signup
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/sanjeevkapoor
#SanjeevKapoor #sarsonkasaag #sarsonkasaagmakkikiroti #sarsonkasaagrecipe #winterspecial
sanjeev kapoor sanjeev kapoor recipe sanjeev kapoor recipes khana khazana chef sanjeev kapoor khana khazana recipes masterchef sanjeev kapoor indian recipes master chef indian food recipes sarson ka saag sarson ka saag recipe sarson ka saag makki ki roti sarson ka saag punjabi style sarson ka saag kaise banaye makki ki roti sarson ka saag makki ki roti how to make sarson ka saag how to make makki ki roti सरसों का साग how to make sarson ka saag at home